Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Benefits of Regular Massage Treatments?
In an age of technical and, at times, impersonal medicine, massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach based on the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Regular massage treatments will:
- Increase circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulate the flow of lymph, the body’s natural defense system, against toxic invaders.
- Increased circulation of blood and lymph systems improves the condition of the body’s largest organ – the skin.
- Relax and soften injured and overused muscles – Reduces spasms and cramping – Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduce recovery time, help prepare for strenuous workouts and eliminate subsequent pains of the athlete at any level.
- Release endorphins – the body’s natural painkiller – and is being used in chronic illness, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and edema and can be used to reduce and realign scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Improve range-of-motion and decreases discomfort for patients with low back pain.
- Relieve pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Provide exercise and stretching for atrophied muscles and reduces shortening of the muscles for those with restricted range of motion.
- Assist with shorter labor for expectant mothers, as well as less need for medication, less depression and anxiety, and shorter hospital stays.
Other articles on the Benefits of Massage:
- Five Surprising Benefits of Massage, Newsweek
- Benefits of Massage, HolisticOnline.com
- Massage Therapy, MedicineNet.com
What is included with my massage, body treatment, or other spa service?
- Private locker stocked with a plush robe, comfy spa slippers and a towel
- Fitness center
- Indoor / Outdoor Pool
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Steam Room
How do I Make a Reservation?
To secure your appointment, please call us at (970) 349-8063. We will request a credit card number, however you can pay for your services on the day of your appointment with cash, check, or credit card.
When should I arrive for my appointment?
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment to allow time for you to change into a robe and relax. Being on time for your appointment is greatly appreciated so that you may receive your full service and our other guests are not inconvenienced.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Should a cancellation or date change be necessary, we request a minimum 24-hour notice. A full service will be charged for any late cancellations or no-show appointments. Special requirements may apply for group bookings.
Where are you located?
The Wildflower Spa is located in the Grand Lodge Hotel in Mt. Crested Butte, CO – just a short walk from the ski lifts of Crested Butte Mountain Resort.
6 Emmons Loop
Mt. Crested Butte, CO 81225
Map & Directions:
View Larger Map